Stephen is a Londoner by birth, he has lived here most of his life. So maybe it’s because he’s a Londoner, Stephen is fascinated by how and why London is like it is. There’s always something new to see or find in London. And when he does, he loves to share it.
Stephen has a particular interest in the way transport has shaped London. He loves theatre and cinema buildings – not just the bricks and mortar, gilt and velvet but the stories of the people who worked in them and who went to them.
His walks include:
* Mr Selfridge and his competitors – tales of the great West End stores
* Passport to Pimlico – mainly Cubitt but with a sprinkle of 20th century
* Trains, and Boats, and Planes … and a few buses too – 150 years of Victoria as a transport hub
* West End Musicals – from Savoy Opera to Phantom of the Opera
* West End Movie Houses – fleapit to deco super cinemas
* Made in Chelsea – from Angry Young Men to Utopia
* Circle, Squares and Triangles: the Bloomsbury of Virginia Woolf
* The City Bridges – a mini history of the City of London.